1. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Michigan, involving another motor vehicle, the Michigan no-fault law provides for payment of no-fault benefits regardless of who was at fault in causing the accident. No-fault benefits include the following:
a. Payment of medical bills and expenses for your care, recovery and rehabilitation for the rest of your life due to injuries sustained in the motor vehicle accident.
b. Payment of wage loss for up to three years due to injuries sustained in the motor vehicle accident.
c. Payment of replacement service expenses, up to $20.00 per day, for up to three years if you are unable to do your normal household chores and/or care for yourself or your dependents.
d. If death occurs, payment of survivor’s loss benefits for loss of support to dependants for up to three years, and payment of at least $1,750.00 towards the funeral bill.
2. If you have suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident involving another motor vehicle, you may have a claim for additional damages against the party who was at fault. The party at fault may be responsible for excess wage loss benefits, replacement service expenses or survivor’s loss benefits not already payable under Michigan no-fault law, as described above.
3. If you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident involving another motor vehicle and your injury is a "serious impairment of bodily function" or "permanent and serious disfigurement", the party at fault may be responsible for pain and suffering, mental anguish, disability and disfigurement, and loss of pleasures and enjoyments of life.
4. If death occurs, the family can institute a "wrongful death" claim against the person or persons who were at fault.
5. If you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident where another motor vehicle was not involved, but someone else was at fault such as when a passenger is injured and the driver is at fault, the party at fault may be responsible for your medical bills, wage loss, pain and suffering, mental anguish, disability, disfigurement and loss of pleasures and enjoyments of life.